Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We'll wait together

I've just pulled off the ferry,
on my way to something else,
and I see you standing there,
patient, waiting to play --
for me?
for some passing traveler?
or just for you?
Which is it?
But right now
your fingers are interlaced,
your feet crossed,
and I feel you saying
the opportunity
to sing the song
you were born to sing
has not quite yet arrived.
Ah, I think: I understand...
We'll know it when we see it,
when we feel it.
And until then, we'll wait.
Together.


* * *

2 comments:

Maureen said...

He looks likes he's waiting for someone.

You've captured him and you well in your words.

HisFireFly said...

I'm in a season of waiting too.. and learning that it can be an active season.. He is calling me to "do" even as I wait.

Perhaps it's time to sing after all...