Thursday, February 4, 2010

Balancing the Now

We journey together
through the invisible:
that part of me
that's looking back,
that part of me
that's looking ahead,
and that third part, the one that's charged
with balancing the Now,
(who's all too easily distracted
by the constant chatter of the others.).
And though this hope she's riding on
may very well be sinking;
she's looking back over all the other times
when things were looking low:
and finding those reminders
help her trust that it will float.


* * *

1 comment:

Susan said...

My first reaction to your poem was, yes, that's how it is. One of my recurring contemplative themes is living suspended in between two points, of the tension that holds us there, and how I to want to be comfortable living in that space because, well, because life can be complicated. And then I recalled your image and poem from January 20th which also speaks to that theme.
Thank you!